Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
- Inc. 5000 company 5 years in a row!
- #3 Journal Sentinel Top Workplace
- #1 Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
Delta Defense is the private company that provides Marketing, Operations and Customer Care for the USCCA. The USCCA provides education, training and self-defense insurance to responsible gun owners.
We are located in West Bend, Wisconsin, 30 miles north of Milwaukee. We are seeking a Rockstar that will be join our stellar Marketing Team!
This role will be responsible for overseeing Delta Defense’s video output to various channels and accountable for advancing the productions of all in-house properties and being the project manager/ key point of contact for all out-of-house production. This person must have a depth of experience in video production, as well as a keen ability to lead, inspire and manage a talented creative team (members who live in both West Bend, WI and Iola, WI) that produces and publishes best-in-class marketing-related and content-related video that gets distributed across many digital platforms.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Process Development & Execution
- Oversee every aspect of daily video production (from both West Bend and Iola video teams) from conception to execution and delivery
- Develop Processes with Marketing, Content and Member Services (and other) teams to ensure consistency of products, schedule management and clear strategy for launching and new video product.
- Lead the analysis, establishment and implementation of organizational policies and procedures as it relates to the Video Department and their interaction with other departments.
- Establish, uphold and advance standards and quality across all formats and publishing platforms
- Design and oversight of the Post workflow including defining and maintaining video standards and practices both internally and externally
- Provide quarterly metrics reports to track video performance and provide input into process improvements
- Own the processes, protocol, and operations for the video production department
- Create and maintain production schedules and optimize workflows to manage complex video projects
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot all production equipment and post-production infrastructure
- Approve scripts (with SME when necessary), edits, and show notes as required
- Work with internal teams to create and execute branded content
- Work with internal teams to advise the best category, style, and method for creating the most effective video to suit their needs
- Help develop and work within project and department budgets
Team/ People Management - Manage, Grow & Empower
- Manage & mentor team of video production staff, and interns
- Lead all efforts of recruitment and retention of professional and nonprofessional staff for the Training Division.
- Meet with team members regularly to ensure they have the knowledge and tools to successfully execute their jobs.
- Establish, manage and help facilitate professional growth plans for all team members.
- Evaluate team members’ performance and recommend merit increases, promotion, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain a strong network of freelance crew members
- Hire and/or negotiate contracts with outside resources/ contractor as needed.
- Nurture and manage relationships with outside contractors
Facilitate Innovation & Growth
- Research and remain current on the developments and applications of state of the art video production technology and trends.
- Continually refine and test content strategy to advance our brand and drive audience growth
- Develop and produce innovative properties and formats
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in either Film/Video, Communications, or similar media driven majors
- 10+ years experience in progressively responsible roles in professional video production environments, demonstrating competence in all areas of video production, specifically project & people management.
- Experience in a corporate studio environment.
- Expert level knowledge of all professional video production procedures, practices, techniques, and terminology
- Experience in budgeting for photo/video operations
- Expert level skill with professional production equipment operation including video cameras and recorders, audio recording equipment, file compression, graphics manipulation, lighting, and proper handling and troubleshooting of broadcast quality video production equipment.
- Expert level skill in Non-Linear Editing (Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere) and experienced in creating Motion Graphics and Visual FX utilizing Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)
- Availability to work occasional off hours, nights and weekends, as well as travel as necessary for preplanned video shoots.
- Proficiency with Apple products and Mac OS
- Must communicate effectively with individuals and groups
ALL CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT LINK TO WORK SAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE - THANK YOU.