Delta Defense, LLC, is one of the nation’s fastest-growing companies in America.
Inc. 5000 company 5 years in a row!
#3 Journal Sentinel Top Workplace
#1 Milwaukee Business Journal Top Workplace
We are a fun, fast-paced and rewarding place to work and grow!
Delta Defense is the private company that provides marketing, operations and customer care for the USCCA. Protect The USCCA provides education, training and self-defense insurance to responsible gun owners.
We are located in West Bend, Wisconsin, 30 miles north of Milwaukee. We are seeking a key player that will be an important part of our Education and Training Team.
Position Summary: To lead, manage, and grow the training division of the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) to maintain and grow its position as the premier source of training for firearms related personal defense.
- Develop strategy to maintain and grow its position as the premier source of training in the Unites States for firearms related personal defense and other personal defense by both instructors and students.
- Develop long-range strategic plans, governance structure and objectives for the Training Division.
Process Development & Execution:
- Lead and Manage team to execute strategic plan - including creation of new curriculum, marketing of current and new curriculum and certifying instructors and training counselors.
- Develop Processes with Marketing, Content and Member Services teams to ensure consistency of teaching, coordination of products, schedule management and clear strategy for launching sale of new and current products to members, prospects and instructors.
- Establish and track KPI’s to ensure all curriculum, products and training programs are performing and growing as planned or better - adjust strategies as needed.
- Lead the analysis, establishment and implementation of organizational policies and procedures as it relates to the Training Division and their interaction with other departments.
- Resolve problems related to staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment and supplies for all training and training events.
- Ensure the evolution and refinement of the quality improvement process.
- Ensure compliance with individual state CCW laws and regulations.
Team/ People Management - Manage, Grow & Empower:
- Lead all efforts of recruitment and retention of professional and nonprofessional staff for the Training Division.
- Hire and/or negotiate contracts with SME’s (Subject Matter Experts).
- Meet with team members regularly to ensure they have the knowledge and tools to successfully execute their jobs.
- Establish, manage and help facilitate professional growth plans for all team members.
- Evaluate team members’ performance and recommend merit increases, promotion, and disciplinary actions.
Facilitate Innovation & Growth
- Perpetuate a mentality of growth, innovation and ideating amongst the team to stay ahead of the competition and be recognized as the thought leaders of firearms/ personal defense training.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in the firearms/personal defense training community as well as business unit growth and management.
Education and Experience:
- Embodies the Core Values of Delta Defense, LLC
- 10-15 years experience in project management, marketing, business development, and/ or entrepreneurship skills required;
- 4 year degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing or related field, MBA preferred
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a changing environment.
- Strong skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and make solid recommendations;
- Proven business acumen and ability to capitalize on customer and market findings and develop long-term strategies to capture potential;
- Proven achiever with strong record of growing business and innovation to drive higher revenues and profits;
- Excellent communication skills to present, inform, and persuade high level customers, executives and colleagues;
- Proven ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse range of people at all levels and functions of the organization;
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- Understanding of Internet marketing preferred.
- Computer literate and proficient in software and internet functions.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Advanced skills in composition, spreadsheets, and presentations;
- Firearms training knowledge and certifications preferred
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements preferred